No bread is an island

...entire of itself. (With apologies to John Donne!)
I live and breathe breadmaking. I’m an evangelist who would like everyone to make his or her own bread. I want to demystify breadmaking and show it as the easy everyday craft that it is. To this end I endeavour to make my recipes as simple and as foolproof as I possibly can.

I call my blog 'No bread is an island' because every bread is connected to another bread. So a spicy fruit bun with a cross on top is a hot cross bun. This fruit dough will also make a fruit loaf - or Chelsea buns or a Swedish tea ring...
I'm also a vegan, so I have lots of vegan recipes on here - and I'm adding more all the time.

Saturday 1 December 2012

CURRIED WEDGES - FRIED

Microwave your potato then cut into quarters. Oil your frying pan and fry the cut sides for several minutes - until they've browned a little. Turn them on their backs so that both cut sides are uppermost and sprinkle curry powder over them. Turn them over and fry each side for two minutes more. Serve.

When I'm calorie counting I take a potato weighing 100g (72 cals) and spray the pan with one-cal oil a couple of times. Before adding the curry I spray the cut surfaces with oil. I figure the oil and curry powder add another 15 calories.

If I'm not calorie counting, I just make sure there's enough oil in the pan.

(I used to quarter the potatoes and boil until soft, but, since my wife was microwaving hers I found it just as easy to stick mine in there as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment